Nate and I were coming home the other evening when I saw an interesting license plate:
Yeah, on a Corvette. This has thoroughly vexed me because it was on a Corvette, not a Spyder or a Cobra… perhaps it was a diss, perhaps the Floridian driving said auto made anti-venom in his Corvette, dunno.
And then I stole this survey from my best good bud El Sid. Sid is the queen of surveys, answering them that is. I rarely post surveys because I blog and therefore people know more about me than they ever should anyway. But, why not more?
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?: Contemplate the long, slow, agonizing death of a co-worker, oh, no, wait, I’ve done that before. I had my purse stolen, but, I didn’t really do that, someone else did, so maybe they can put that down as something they’ve never done before. I got a job where they pay me, money, to write.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?: Yep, a couple.
3. Did anyone close to you die?: Uh, yeah.
4. What countries did you visit?: US of A and Texas
5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?: Awesome sex and lots of it!
6. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?: A couple… Jan. 2nd – the Sago Mine disaster, Nov. 9th – the day my friend Kevin died, and Dec. 11th.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Jurying into Tamarack and getting a job where they pay me, money, to write.
8. What was your biggest failure?: Not finishing my novel or novella.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?: Yeah, I puked my guts up in-flight from Pittsburgh to Denver, which fits both categories – illness and injury to my pride.
10. What was the best thing you bought?: Beads, Black Stone Cherry tickets, and airline tickets.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine, because my co-worker still lives.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?: Mine, because I’ve become a lazy git.
13. Where did most of your money go?: Beads and traveling.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Jurying into Tamarack, getting my writing job, and Black Stone Cherry.
15. What song will always remind you of 2006? “Rollin’ On” by Black Stone Cherry, “Lips of an Angel” by Hinder, and “Rockstar” by Nickelback.
16. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both, in many ways
b) thinner or fatter? Same
c) richer or poorer? Both, in many ways
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?: Reading, writing, traveling
18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Smoking and disliking my co-workers
19. Did you fall in love in 2006?: I thought I did, but it was an illusion
20. How many one-night stands? I didn’t stand up and have sex this year. Hell, I barely had sex.
21. What was your favorite TV program? Forensic Files
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?: Oh. Yeah. I would think so. (Although I would like to add that I feel that hate is a very detrimental thing. We only hurt ourselves when we hate and as I am best at hurting myself I will continue to do so in peace.)
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?: LMAO!!! You have to ask? BLACK STONE CHERRY!
24. What did you want and get?: A job writing, my own jewelry business.
25. What did you want and not get?: Hot, passionate, teeth clenching, toe curling, sheet ripping sex. (This has GOT to change in the new year)
26. What was your favorite film of this year?: Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest, yea scabrous dogs. (Hide the rum)
27. What did you do on your birthday?: Nothing special on the day
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?: See # 5 and #25 and my dream job.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?: I don’t do fashion but if I must, I would say, 80’s Hair Band Throwback. Its a statement I’ve been making since Bon Jovi gave love a bad name.
30. What kept you sane?: What kept me sane? What always keeps me sane – friends, music, cigarettes, and tequila.
31. Who did you miss?: I really, really missed my German family. A lot.
32. Who was the best new person you met?: Not a fair question. I met so many great people this year. Sorry, can’t pick just one. Besides, they should know who they are.
That is all. Enjoy.