* Nate got in trouble in school for breathing on someone. No, really, literally, he breathed in someone’s face. I think this is disgusting and told him so.
* Judy is whipping my butt in Lexulous. I don’t really know what I’m doing.
* I joined Twitter. I don’t know what I’m doing on it either, but I joined!
* I need to clean out my fridge.
* Nate is turning into a grumpy young man. He has stretch marks on his legs from his growth spurt. His feet are huge compared to the rest of him. He’s 5’1″, weighs 98 lbs. and he wears a size 9 1/2 mens in his shoe. Comparatively, his foot is ginormous. Not surprised. He came out with big feet.
* They fired one of the servers day before yesterday. I had worked a double on Monday so our bartender could have the day off and then she picked up my Tuesday, so I would have had Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday off, but it was not meant to be. I picked up Thursday after they fired the other server.
* The server they fired was not Rosie, the Broadway Musical gay guy I work with. I was happy that Maribee picked today up instead of him. He’s nice, but gah, is he talkative. And really, its about shit I don’t care to discuss because I really don’t care that he’s an atheist, or that he’s gay, or whether or not gays should be allowed to marry (don’t care, go ahead and get married!).
Honestly, gay rights is not at the forefront of my thoughts. I think they should have the same rights as everyone else. That pretty much covers it all, at least, you would think.
There is an interesting court case going on right now in WV about a lesbian couple who petitioned to adopt a child they have been caring for since birth. The child was born addicted and they took this child home from the hospital, the parental rights of the parents have been terminated, and they petitioned to adopt said child. However, lesbian and gay couples cannot adopt in the State of West Virginia. A single lady can, but not a gay/lesbian couple.
So, the judge ordered the child removed and then the child was put back with them. The child has bonded with her mothers, bonded with the other children in the home, and the court was just stupid. If they’re good enough to be foster parents, they’re good enough to be parents. No, I don’t care what their sexual orientation is.
I hope they get that mess straightened out and we don’t make the national news again for being ignorant. Barbie Bill anyone? Ugh.
* Things are working out well in picking up Nate from school. Monday he rode the bus to T-Bird’s and the rest of this week I’ll be able to pick him up myself.
* I did speak with Nate’s father yesterday. It did not go well. It will never go well again. I’m drained.
* Nine weeks to go for Nate’s 7th grade schoolin’. Please, let us make it another 9 weeks. Please, Nate, get your butt in gear and pass the 7th grade.
* Nate is going to be starting counseling soon.
* Nate has a doctor’s appointment next week.
* Nate has to have braces.
* Nate = $$$$$$$$
* I’m going to need a new car.
* New car = $$$$$$$
* And people wonder why I work so much!!!!!
I think I need a nap.