I’d be pissed too, Miley, if someone printed a picture of me in which I looked like an anorexic drug addict. Just don’t let life imitate art, Sweetpea, and all will be well.
And look at our new baby! Please welcome Tango to the family!
As you can tell, he’s having a hard time fitting in, can’t rest at all, very anxious. I was washing dishes yesterday and he was asleep on Nate’s shirt. I saw him wake up and when I looked down he was sitting at my feet. He meowed and I picked him up, went in and sat down on the couch, and he immediately assumed a position on my lap, and promptly fell back asleep.
Not spoiled at all either, the little fuzzbucket. And, as you can tell, I won the name war. Tango really does fit him.
Speaking of family, how about this flock of turkeys on my parents’ farm? The tom even graced us with an honest-to- goodness gobble as he strutted his hot turkey stuff. He’s beautiful, isn’t he? Makes my mouth water. Sorry, no Spring gobbler season in the county my folks live in.
The Top 20 on my iTunes:
- Crashed by Daughtry from Daughtry
- Keep The Light On by Jerry Cantrell from Boggy Depot
- Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains from MTV Unplugged
- Bleed the Freak by Alice in Chains from Facelift
- Sea of Sorrow by Alice in Chains from Facelift
- Anger Rising by Jerry Cantrell from Degredation Trip – Volume 2
- Dam That River by Alice in Chains from Dirt
- Feels Like Tonight by Daughtry from Daughtry
- She Was My Girl by Jerry Cantrell from Degredation Trip – Volume 2
- Whale & Wasp by Alice in Chains from Jar of Flies
- No Excuses by Alice in Chains from Jar of Flies
- Don’t Follow by Alice in Chains from Jar of Flies
- I Can’t Remember by Alice in Chains from Facelift
- What I Want by Daughtry featuring Slash from Daughtry
- Settling Down by Jerry Cantrell from Boggy Depot
- Dickeye by Jerry Cantrell from Boggy Depot
- Cut You In by Jerry Cantrell from Boggy Depot
- Breakdown by Daughtry from Daughtry
- There and Back Again by Daughtry from Daughtry
- My Song by Jerry Cantrell from Boggy Depot
As you can tell, Nate has some mild influence over my iTunes. Lucky for me, he doesn’t have the password to my iTunes account or that list would include the aforementioned Ms. Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers (GAG, okay?), Flo Rida, and Finger Eleven. Oh wait, I like Finger Eleven. Not that I’m not a fan of Daughtry and Crashed in particular, but I think this counter is a little skewed. Surely I’ve listed to Anger Rising half a million times by now.
Now, for the embarassing part… No. 21 is High on You by Survivor. If its going to be Survivor, at least be Eye of the Tiger.
Anywho, as I was telling Nate to either amscray or help me pick up around our favorite pigsty, he paused long enough to hand me a pin he had found before, well, amscraying. It said: A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. As if I needed any positive reinforcement not to pack and parcel the plethora of p(s)hit we have in this palace and sever the pith of the python of pack-ratting. While I’m it, I’ll also slaughter the English language and pet a pussy.
Nate and I had a lovely, Jeff-free weekend. I’ll drink to that!
I’m so mean.
I did find the perfect quote to describe my forced interaction relationship with Jeff.
Every time I look at you I get a fierce desire to be lonesome. – Oscar Levant
So, Beanie asked me when she was here yesterday if he’s always like this when he’s drinking. I had to inform of her of the awful truth. He’s not drinking. He’s merely back with The Girlfriend. You know, the one who says we have a thang. No honey, that’s not a thang. I’m not sure how she can mistake the “look of love” and the look of “I wish I was vomiting Drano from my nose” when dealing with her little precious ray of sunshine.
See, this is how it went… before Nate and I left on our sojourn to the Southwest, Jeff had started stalking harassing calling The Girlfriend again. Seems he used his time wisely because by the time we got back, I was basically mud. To prove his love to The Skank Girlfriend he can’t be nice to me, and not only that, he also has to attack me, hoping to goad me into a confrontation because that’s the only relationship he can have with me now. So, any interaction is better than none, in his book, and he has to make me look bad in front of The Girlfriend, you know, to prove his love.
And you know what, it bothers me. Not because he’s an idiot, but because I am. I have struggled for almost 12 years to have a civil relationship with this man so we can present a united front in raising our son and he has the audacity to cart that off to hell in a handbag every chance he gets. It gets lonely on the high road, folks. In a nutshell, I’m tired of trying.
We chase misprinted lies
We face the path of time
And yet I fight
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home
Nutshell – Alice in Chains (Jar of Flies)
He can go fuck himself.
And on that happy note, ya’ll have a great evening!